Provided by: upgrade-system_1.0.0_all
upgrade-system - APT front-end to automate system upgrades
upgrade-system is an APT front-end that simplifies regular upgrading of
Debian systems, only requiring an administrator’s intervention whenever
updated packages necessitate the configuration of new features.
upgrade-system is run from the command line shell by the administrator.
It performs the following actions:
· Resynchronize the index of available packages.
· Upgrade all packages to their newest version.
· Clean retrieved archives off the APT cache.
· Remove no longer needed orphan packages.
· Refresh all desktop environment menus.
Because upgrade-system is an APT front-end, all precautions relating to
APT configuration should be observed. See upgrade-system.conf(5).
Martin Zdrahal <email@example.com> made the original in 2003.
Martin-Eric Racine <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote this manual page, packaged the
Debian archive and added various enhancements in 2004.
apt-get(8), deborphan(1), update-menus(1), upgrade-system.conf(5).