Provided by: freebsd-manpages_6.2-1_all
mpt - LSI Fusion-MPT SCSI/Fibre Channel driver
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your
kernel configuration file:
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the
following line in loader.conf(5):
The mpt driver provides support for the LSI Logic Fusion-MPT family of
SCSI and Fibre Channel controllers.
The following controllers are supported by the mpt driver:
· LSI Logic 53c1030 (Dual Ultra320 SCSI)
· LSI Logic FC909 (1Gb/s Fibre Channel)
· LSI Logic FC909A (Dual 1Gb/s Fibre Channel)
· LSI Logic FC919 (2Gb/s Fibre Channel)
· LSI Logic FC929, LSI Logic FC929X (Dual 2Gb/s Fibre Channel)
The SCSI controller chips supported by the mpt driver can be found
onboard on many systems including:
· Dell PowerEdge 1750
· IBM eServer xSeries 335
cd(4), ch(4), da(4), pci(4), sa(4), scsi(4)
LSI Logic Website, http://www.lsilogic.com/.
The mpt driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.6.
The mpt driver was originally written for FreeBSD by Greg Ansley and
substantially improved upon by Matt Jacob 〈mjacob@FreeBSD.org〉.