Provided by: freebsd-manpages_7.0-2_all
ubsa - USB support for Belkin serial adapters
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your
kernel configuration file:
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the
following line in loader.conf(5):
The ubsa driver provides support for the USB-to-RS232 Bridge chip used by
a variety of serial adapters from Belkin and other vendors.
The device is accessed through the ucom(4) driver which makes it behave
like a tty(4).
The ubsa driver supports the following adapters:
· AnyData ADU-E100A (no EV-DO mode support)
· Belkin F5U103
· Belkin F5U120
· e-Tek Labs Kwik232
· GoHubs GoCOM232
· Huawei Technologies Mobile card (3G)
· Novatel Wireless Merlin U740 (only basic modem port supported)
· Option Globetrotter 3G (aka Vodafone Mobile Connect Card 3G)
· Option Globetrotter 3G Quad
· Option Globetrotter 3G Fusion (no WLAN support, only basic 3G modem
· Option Globetrotter 3G Fusion Quad (no WLAN support)
· Peracom single port serial adapter
The supported 3G cards provide the necessary modem port for ppp, pppd, or
mpd connections; other functions of these cards (diagnostic port, SIM
toolkit port, WLAN) are not supported.
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4)
The ubsa driver appeared in FreeBSD 5.0. The uplcom(4) manual page was
adopted from NetBSD by Tom Rhodes 〈trhodes@FreeBSD.org〉 in April 2002 and
modified for the ubsa driver by Alexander Kabaev 〈kan@FreeBSD.org〉 in
The ubsa driver was written by Alexander Kabaev 〈kan@FreeBSD.org〉.