Provided by: hylafax-server_4.4.4-10.1ubuntu2_i386
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ]
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX
spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked
from cron(8) on behalf of the fax user (often the ‘‘fax’’ user is uucp)
once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX
administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for
the fax user:
25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster
The faxcron script does the following work:
· report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time
faxcron was run.
· report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week.
· report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron
· report statistics for facsimile received in the past week.
· report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the
associated trace log;
· purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine
· delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log
· remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day;
· remove received facsimile that are 7 days or older;
· report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and
· force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept
with protection mode 644.
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files.
Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be
lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of
the form ‘‘MM/DD/YY HH:MM’’ (the date(1) format string ‘‘%D
-info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n
-log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days.
-rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile
queue to be n days.
-tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be
-mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command
line argument to chmod(1)).
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date (1) program that
supports the ‘‘+format’’ option.
If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to
filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It
should also be run with ‘‘-mode 0600’’ so that session log files are
not publicly readable.)
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area
/var/spool/hylafax/status/lastrun timestamp of last run
/usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics
/usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics
/var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs
/var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls
cron(8), faxq(8), faxgetty(8), faxsend(8), xferfaxstats(8),
May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8)