Provided by: dpatch_2.0.31_all
dpatch-get-origtargz - Obtain upstream tarball
This manual page documents briefly the dpatch-get-origtargz command
which verifies whether there is a upstream tarball for the current work
directory's source package in the directory pointed to by <origtardir>.
dpatch-get-origtargz will try to find the upstream tarball using one of
the following methods:
1) in the directory pointed to by the DPGO_ORIGTARDIR environment
2) in all directories listed in the DPGO_ORIGTARGZPATH environment
variable (colon-separated list of directories),
3) in the parent directory of the current work directory,
4) on the Debian mirror configured into apt, and
5) on the Internet, using the first URL found in debian/watch.
If not, it tries to obtain the upstream tarball from a number of
possible sources: The parent directory, the apt repository configured,
and finally, the internet server pointed to by debian/watch.
dpatch(1), dpatch(7), dpatch.make(7), dpatch-edit-patch(1),
Files in /usr/share/doc/dpatch/
dpatch-get-origtargz and this manual page was written by Marc Haber
<firstname.lastname@example.org> and modified by Stefano Zacchiroli