Provided by: oss4-base_4.2-build2005-2ubuntu1_i386
oss_cmpci - CMedia CMI8738/8768 audio driver.
Open Sound System driver for CMedia Electronics CMI8738/8768 audio
CMI87xx device characteristics:
· 8/16 bit playback/record
· mono/stereo/4ch/5.1ch playback
· 8KHz to 48Khz sample rate.
The CMedia chip provides some unique features that are set up by the
Mixer chip. Running ossxmix will display the CMI8738 mixer panel.
Most of the sliders and buttons are self evident. However there are
some options that need explaining:
Dual Dac: Enabling this button sets the CMPCI device as two separate
output devices with /dev/dsp1 audio going to the front and /dev/dsp0
going to the rear outputs. Separate audio streams can be send to the
Speaker Mode: The audio can be sent just to the front speakers or it
can be sent simultaneously to all speakers in the "Spread" mode.
AC3 passthrough only works on Models 037 and higher. This is because of
a hardware bug in the earlier models so check the model number (ossinfo
· Enable will enable SPDIF output.
· Rec will allow you to record from the SPDIF device. Note that when
you have SPDIF recording enabled, you cannot play 4/6 channel audio.
· Polarity - certain models require you to flip the bit otherwise you
get distorted audio.
· IMon - monitor input via SPDIF in.
· Optical - sets the SPDIF to Optical (TOSLINK) or RCA Jacks
/etc/oss4/conf/oss_cmpci.conf Device configuration file
05 February 2012 oss_cmpci(7)