Provided by: freebsd-manpages_8.2-1_all
uftdi — USB support for serial adapters based on the FT8U100AX and
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your
kernel configuration file:
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the
following line in loader.conf(5):
The uftdi driver provides support for various serial adapters based on
the FTDI FT2232C, FT8U100AX and FT8U232AM chips.
The device is accessed through the ucom(4) driver which makes it behave
like a tty(4).
The uftdi driver supports the following adapters:
· B&B Electronics USB->RS422/485 adapter
· Elexol USB MOD1 and USB MOD3
· HP USB-Serial adapter shipped with some HP laptops
· Inland UAS111
· QVS USC-1000
· Buffalo PC-OP-RS / Kurouto-shikou KURO-RS universal remote
· Prologix GPIB-USB Controller
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4)
The uftdi driver appeared in FreeBSD 4.8 from NetBSD 1.5.