Provided by: oss4-base_4.2-build2005-2ubuntu1_i386
oss_audigyls - Creative Labs CA106 (AudigyLS/SBLive 24bit) driver.
Open Sound System driver for Creative Labs Audigy2-LS and SBLive 24bit
Audigy-LS device characteristics:
· 8/16/24 bit playback/record
· mono/stereo/4/5.1 playback
· 8KHz to 192Khz sample rate.
There are 2 models of the AudigyLS device: one with an AC97 codec
called the AudigyLS and the one without called the SBLive 7.1.
Essentially they are the same chip but behave a bit differently.
When playing AC3 on the AudigyLS (the one with the AC97 mixer) - you
need to ensure that the igain slider is set to 0.
· The AudigyLS has 4 mixer controls for each channel.
· The "spread" button will simply duplicate the front audio on the
other 3 channels so that every speaker is playing what the front L/R
· LoopBack recording allows you to capture any channel that's playing
· Record Volume slider just adjusts the input gain.
· Record Source selector selects the input.
· The "recmon" button enables a passthrough of the analog input
· Monitor Volume slider sets the passthrough gain if recmon is
· audigyls_spdif_enable=0|1 The Audigy LS has a versa-jack (orange)
that can be set as SPDIF output or the Side-Surround left/right
speakers in a 7.1 setup. When set as SPDIF, you can get play
PCM/AC3 audio to a Dolby(R) capable receiver.
/etc/oss4/conf/oss_audigyls.conf Device configuration file
05 February 2012 oss_audigyls(7)